Pic(k) of the week 12: Old & New at Dubai Creek

A few days ago I went back to one of my favorite places in Dubai, the Dhow Wharfage at Dubai Creek. I came home with a collection of people and Dhow (old style wooden boat) images and decided to give some of them an antique look.

We all know the expression, "a picture is worth a thousand words" well I guess this one is worth 4 thousand words! 
I like the water reflections on the boats in the top left image as well as the expression on the faces. Life on these wooden boats is very different from modern life in the city... Looking closely to the bottom right image, one can see a sailor using the self made toilet hanging on the side of the boat. 
For me these 4 images tell a story. I would be interested to know what you think. 
Feel free to leave a comment.

Please click on the image above and select a larger size like XL(arge) or X2  to have a better view. More photographs of the shoot at the Creek can be found here.

Image details:
Nikon D700 with 24-70 2.8 lens
Contrast adjusted with Topaz Adjust 4 and Nik color Efex
Antique look with Nik Silver Efex Pro
Used Print module in LR to export the 4 images to jpeg file


Happy shooting,
BJORN

Comments

Johan Silver said…
Your blog is very informative i like it.
Dhow cruise Dubai