Pic(k) of the week 34: Off-road in the Northern Emirates

Earlier this week, I was scheduled to do a training flight and took a Airbus A330 to the Northern Emirate of Ras al Khaimah. On these circuit training trips, we basically take an empty A330 with a bunch of trainees to practice take-off and landings. During the flight I also spend some time in the cabin while the 2 other instructors were running the show in the front office.

You probably know that I never go somewhere without a camera... I managed to make a few shots of the airport surroundings from my seat in the cabin. 

Field near Ras al Khaimah, UAE
The tracks of multiple vehicles through a field of trees made for an interesting texture! It kind of asks me the question, "where are these people going?"

Image details:
Canon G9 Powershot
22mm, f4, 1/1000s, ISO80
Contrast increased with Lightroom 3

Notice that this was shot with a point and shoot and not with my trusty Nikon D700! Any camera will do to make an interesting shot, as long as the photographer has the vision!

More of my Aerial photography images can be found here or checkout my book: Focus on the world below!

Planning on another aviation photography blogpost very soon... 

Click that shutter,

Comments