Pic(k) of the week 6: Colour Black and White

While at the Al Ain airshow last week, I spotted this UAE local couple looking for a place to sit down on the grandstand. I was kind of fascinated by the gentleman's red beard and the interesting structure of his face.

2011 Pic(k) of the week 6: Colour Black and White
Even though this was shot as a candid frame, I chatted to the man afterwards and showed him the image.

Image details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 with 1.7 teleconverter
ISO400, 220mm, f 5.6, 1/2000s
Raw file processed with Lightroom 3
Contrast adjustment with Nik ColorEfex

I'm leaving on weeklong ski holiday in a few days, so the next Pic(k) of the week might be one or two days late. I'm not taking my DSLR gear with me, but will try to come up with some interesting compact camera (Nikon P7000) winter photography.

Till then, click that shutter,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Comments