A 50mm look at Venice!

Lets start with a little photography lesson:
Years ago most SLR film cameras were sold with a 50mm lens. These fixed focal length lenses, used to be much sharper than the more modern "zoom lenses". One can see why they were called "prime lenses". Even though, todays zooms are about as sharp as the primes, there is still something special to zooming with your feet. The choice of a 50mm focal length, comes from the fact that the human eye sees about 40 to 50mm wide. Images shot with a 50mm therefore look very "normal".

When I want to go very light while traveling, I often only take my 50mm 1.4 Nikkor lens. The images on todays post, were all made a few days ago in Venice, Italy. 

I hope you enjoy my "50mm look at Venice"!

Big Brother is watching

Lovers bridge

The Gondola maker

Bridge shadow


Making Gondolas

Gondolier in action

Over the years, I've probably made a dozen or so visits to Venice. A selection of my best work from the "city of water" and its neighboring islands, can be found here.

BJORN
Follow me on:





Comments

Anonymous said…
Have really enjoyed looking through some of your photos - love these ones of Venice -beautiful! And am very jealous that you were able to escape the summer heat of Dubai. :)