Pic(k) of the week 26: The man who has no imagination has no wings

This weeks Pic(k) of the week is captioned with one of Muhammad Ali's famous quotes. I'm have no interest in boxing, however some of the 71 year old boxing legend quotes , have really resonated with me... "The man who has no imagination has no wings", is surely one of them!

2013 Pic(k) of the week 26: The man who has no imagination has no wings

Sticking to the photography theme, my iPhone has really given me the wings to develop my creativity! The above example of an Airbus A380 wing with the New York-JFK Air Traffic Control tower in the background, is a prime example of this.

Unlike most other iPhone images which I normally edit on the phone itself, this one has gone through my normal photography workflow. 

On a side note, my little Fuji X-E1 has done something very similar to the iPhone. Carrying a lightweight, far less obtrusive camera, has proved to be very valuable over the last 6 months or so. I've recently purchased the new telephoto Fujinon 55-200 lens for the camera and have therefore come one step closer to possibly giving up the DSLR sometime in the future... Only time will tell!

Image details:
iPhone 4S
ISO 50, 35mm, f2.4, 1/1800s
Lightroom 5 development of the jpeg file
SilverEfex 2 Black and White conversion

Over the years I have collected about 200 iPhone "keeper" images which can be found in its dedicated iPhoneography gallery.

Remember, "The best camera is the one that's with you", Chase Jarvis

BJORN









Comments