Pic(k) of the week 33: Old tree Botanic garden, Sydney

While I was walking over to the spot where I shot the Sydney harbour image of last weeks Pic(k) of the week 32, I spent about 15 mins or so, photographing some very interesting trees in the local Botanical Garden. 

The Royal Botanic Gardens were originally founded in 1816 and are a great place to escape the busy city life.

2013 Pic(k) of the week 33: Old tree Botanic garden, Sydney

As the sun was setting slowly, I was especially attracted to the texture of this amazing tree with a trunk circumference of more than 5 meter. A local park ranger estimated it being "several hundred years old".

I choose to convert it into Black and White in order to bring out the tonal contrast and texture even more.

Image details:
FujiFilm X-E1 with the 18-55 Fujinon lens
Handheld, ISO200, 73mm (full frame equivalent), f5.6, 1/150s
RAW file developed in Lightroom 5
Nik SilverEfex Pro 2 for Black and White conversion

More of my Sydney images can be found here.

Remember, "It is not how old you are, but how you are old" - Jules Renard


BJORN








Comments