Pic(k) of the week 4: Marina Bay, Singapore - The other side

Earlier this month, I was in one of my favourite cities in Southeast Asia; Singapore.

This city-state which only lies about 135 km North of the equator, is known for its hot and humid climate pretty much the whole year round. 

One of the best places to photograph the urban Singapore landscape, is the Marina Bay area. Wherever one looks, the three 55 floor towers of the Marina Bay Sands hotel, pretty much dominate the landscape. The hotel is known for its amazing infinity pool on the roof.

Wanting to come up with a different viewpoint, I did a bit of online scouting to find a way to the other side of the river. Walking about one hour and crossing the river at the Marina Barrage, I eventually found what I was looking for...

As I had just received my Formatt-Hitec filter kit, launched by Travel photographer Elia Locardi, it was the perfect opportunity to test out the new Firecrest neutral and gradual density filters. For me this is the first 10 stop filter that doesn't have a color cast. Although the glass Firecrest filters are not cheap, it is surely worth the investment!

Marina Bay, Singapore - The other side

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the brand-new 16-55 f 2.8 Fujinon lens
ISO 200, 30mm (45mm full frame equivalent), f5.6
3 shot exposure bracketing, 4s, 17s and 1s
Merge to 32 bit file in Photoshop CC HDR Pro
Nik ColorEfex Pro 4 with Pro Contrast

More images of Singapore can be found here.

The image above was one of the last images I shot with the Fujifilm 16-55 f2.8 lens I reviewed here.

Remember, "Great photography is about depth of feeling and not about depth of  field" - Peter Adams


BJORN

Comments